In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1traje de marinero masculine
- A girl with long red hair, wearing traditional sailor suit school uniform is having to do a math problem in front of class
- After the breakdown of the Habsburg Empire, the imperial boys' choir was re-established as the Vienna Boys' Choir, whereby the imperial uniforms were replaced by their now-a-days famous sailor suits.
- Gone were the immaculate mothers with their kids in little sailor suits, shoes and hats, all brand new and matching.
- Shayla said liking him already and thinking he looked cuddly in his blue and white sailor suit and cap, he looked to be about 10 by his height.
- The children are there, too, poignant in their Norfolk jackets, sailor suits, and dropped-waist dresses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.