1(person) santo(life) piadoso(smile/expression) angelical
- In fact, those compelled to eat perfectly organic, nutritious, pure foods often feel a step above the rest of us - saintly and self-righteous.
- Clad in a tight-fitting suit that seems one size too short, and clutching his briefcase as if it contained the Holy Grail, he exudes an almost saintly goodness.
- Undertaking religious pilgrimage is a seen as a meritorious practice since it focuses the mind on places associated with the Buddha, saintly people, or holy objects.
- Reminiscent of a young Roger Moore, he plays with a sincerity and conviction in keeping with a saintly character who doesn't appear to have a wicked thought or a bad bone in his body.
- The practice of mutual reverence for each other's spiritual and saintly figures will promote genuine mutual respect.
- The man's upturned eyes and tilted head play off traditional saintly poses in Spanish religious sculpture.
- To paint this man as a saintly, pious ‘spiritual leader’ is obscene.
- Through this spiritual revalorization of domestic work, Oralia is also turned into a saintly or angelic figure, albeit a humble one.
- His film includes a wonderful scene where Sister Bridget cries when watching The Bells Of Saint Mary's, obviously sees herself in the saintly Ingrid Bergman role.
- Similarly, on other occasions, pictures or images of gurus and saintly people have been seen miraculously to produce holy water or ash.
- Even where a human life seems to be clearly saintly or sinful, our judgments are not final.
- While I do think the saints have spiritual maturity, often very saintly people and profoundly religious people struggle with other personality conflicts.
- In doing so, the first Pope from a united Germany has identified himself with the austere and saintly monk who saved the culture of Western Europe during the Dark Ages.
- Kinsey is a biopic that does not conspire to paint an immaculate, saintly, and ultimately one-dimensional portrait of its subject.
- He would above all be remembered as a most saintly Pontiff whose example to young and old alike will long flourish, and be enshrined deep in the hearts of all who loved and respected him.
- As our power of resistance has got exhausted, we have shun our frustration, and learnt the enviable and saintly art of satisfaction, stoicism and endurance.