In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sueldo masculine(increase/review) salarialsalary negotiable — remuneración a convenir feminine formal
- what is her salary? — ¿cuánto gana?
- she earns a good salary — gana un buen sueldo
- salary bracket — banda salarial
- salary earner — asalariado
- salary scale — escala salarial
- salary structure — estructura salarial
- It employed people on a monthly salary and at its peak there were more than 5,000 on the payroll.
- They seem content to let prices climb further out of reach of us mere mortals earning regular salaries.
- The company has decided to freeze the level of pensionable salaries for its 10,000 workers.
- Some employees saw increases in their salaries while others had theirs reduced.
- The authority had a wide statutory power to pay its employees such salaries and wages as it thought fit.
- The two people will receive their normal monthly salaries as they will be obliged to work at least six hours a day.
- Employers pay their staff their weekly or monthly salaries after deducting the income tax they owe.
- If you have a personal pension, remember to increase payments as your salary increases.
- Unions use collective bargaining to help set wages and salaries and worker benefits.
- The salary discrimination permits the superiors to fix the salaries of their employees on an arbitrary basis.
- He sold his car but on his monthly salary of £80 there was no way he could pay off his debts.
- The private sector average wage would be used to set salaries for all public sector employees.
- The strikers are demanding the payment of salaries owed to them over the past two months.
- The salaries of the remaining employees will be cut with the size of the cut depending on the pay grade.
- They have presided over a vast increase in the number and salaries of public sector employees.
- Reportedly the salary for a new employee is double the minimum wage set by the government.
- There has already been agreement not to increase salaries for public service employees.
- Under the law, we can't cut employee salaries as long as we are making a profit.
- Another major concern of the Social Ministry will be the increase of salaries and pensions.
- For many teachers of state schools, monthly salaries do not cover their daily needs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.