In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1palabrería de vendedor femininethey saw through the politicians' sales talk — no se dejaron engañar por la labia de los políticos
- So too often what looks like genuine information turns out to be sales talk.
- You've been to the trade shows, you heard the sales talk, but you always found a reason not to take the leap.
- Terms like ‘return on investment’ and ‘bottom line’ are now commonplace in sales talk.
- Throughout the coming weeks, when the general election campaign is full flow, the margins between sales talk and real politics are expected to become blurred.
- The sales talk, however, should be separate from the information section.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.