In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cooking Zoologysalmón masculine(industry/river) salmonerosalmon farm — criadero de salmones masculine
- salmon fishing — pesca del salmón
- salmon steak — filete de salmon
- The Hoddom stretch of the River Annan is fast becoming one of my favourite places to fish for sea trout and salmon.
- Mature salmon and trout were taken from the Shimna last autumn to a state-of-the-art hatchery in Bushmills, Co.
- In the twentieth century, cod, striped bass, tuna, and marlin were the principal commercial fish, while anglers prized eastern trout and Atlantic salmon.
- Anyone aged 12 or over who fishes for salmon, trout, freshwater fish or eels in England or Wales must have an Environment Agency rod fishing licence.
- Other foods such as salmon, sardines, white beans, tofu and collard greens also contain significant amounts of calcium.
- For a couple of bucks more, you can personalize your dish from a list of extras such as sausages, mussels, salmon, shrimp or provolone.
- The American Heart Association suggests the healthy people eat at least two weekly servings of fish, such as salmon, lake trout or albacore tuna.
- Fish is most beneficial for the body when it comes in an oily form such as mackerel, trout or salmon.
- Just grab a can of tuna or salmon, two whole-wheat pitas, your bottle of low-fat salad dressing, and a can opener, and throw them in a lunch bag.
- Young Atlantic salmon in streams eat mainly the larvae of aquatic insects such as blackflies, stoneflies, caddisflies, and chironomids.
- Once the adult salmon have re-entered freshwater, they do not feed.
- It is hoped work will be completed in time for the autumn run of sea trout and salmon, who will for the first time be able to make their way to the productive spawning grounds in the upper reaches of the Yarrow.
- The proposal to add 18 inches to the dam could help rehabilitate the salmon fish stocks by artificially inducing the returning salmon to spawn.
- It was indeed a delicious meeting of pieces of halibut, cod, salmon, prawns and mussels in a creamy sauce.
- Little commercial fishing continues for wild Atlantic salmon, a fish that has experienced a dramatic collapse over the past two decades and may be in serious danger of extinction.
- Choosing a classic spate river on a Hebridean island in mid-September would normally provide a pretty good chance of rain, a run of sea trout and salmon.
- So I urge you to eat omega - 3-rich foods like salmon and mackerel several times a week.
- The Omega 3 fatty acids found in oily fish such as mackerel, herring, sardines, tuna and salmon will also thin the blood and help prevent blood clots.
- Sources of DHA include salmon, halibut, mackerel, sardines and herring.
- Place the foie gras, salmon, and red mullet in the olive oil mixture until the fish is cooked, about six to eight minutes.
- Their aim is to create environmentally sustainable farming practices that are compatible with the protection of migratory runs of wild salmon and sea trout.
- Anadromous salmon migrate into this river in July and August to spawn during October and November.
- Many say that the lough was never so quiet, fewer and fewer anglers fishing for the past two or three weeks, and the ones who are out are mainly anglers trolling for either big Ferox trout or salmon.
- Both salmon and trout grow faster in deep, low-velocity pools than in shallow, high-velocity riffles.
- Lee emphasizes unsaturated fats contained in olive oil, avocados, nuts, seeds, salmon and mackerel.
- Grilse salmon and sea trout spawn in Miller Beck along with brown trout, and enter it from the River Leven after swimming in from Morecambe Bay.
- For a main course I ordered a kedgeree of salmon and haddock with curry butter.
- But environmentalists claim pollution from cod farms could endanger already depleted Atlantic salmon and sea trout populations.
- One of the more popular starters is the seafood platter, which holds mussels, smoked salmon, oysters, taramasalata and smoked mackerel.
- Oily fish such as herring, kippers, mackerel, pilchards, salmon, sardines and trout, contain oils that can lessen the risk of thrombosis.
- A few of the marine species that return to freshwater to spawn include sea lamprey, Atlantic sturgeon, alewife, Atlantic salmon, and American eel.
- Starters include prawns, oysters, crab-sticks, salmon and cold cuts, plus salads and various sauces.
- For Ann, the lemon and coriander poached salmon, dill, crème fraiche and cucumber ribbons open sandwich couldn't be bettered.
- Nets would have also been used to net off sections of rivers or even complete rivers to trap migratory fish such as salmon, trout and sea trout.
- Drizzle some oil from fennel over salmon and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Vitamin D is also in such foods as salmon and egg yolks.
- The salmon with pink grapefruit hollandaise is another combination that works really well.
- Fish passes work like ladders, allowing the migrating sea trout and salmon to leap from one stage to the next over the weirs, which can be as high as five metres.
- In the past the name game fishing was given to describe the taking of trout, sea trout and salmon by fly fishing.
- The selection of pastas includes Angel Hair pasta with salmon, lemon and pecorino cheese.
2(color)color salmón masculine(silk/walls) (de) color salmón(walls/silk) (color) salmón
- Blooms come in yellow, orange, salmon, rose, pink, cream, and white.
- The open-plan living room has been decorated in warm shades of cream, green, beige, turquoise and salmon, with grass-effect rugs.
- In Florida, a Cuban palette of pastels, flamingo pink, and salmon dominates fashion as well as exterior and interior design.
- A living room or sitting room with salmon walls will seem cozy without inciting claustrophobia.
- T. majus flowers come in yellow, orange, red, copper, salmon, and pink and can be single or double.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.