In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1salmonella femininebefore noun salmonella poisoning — salmonelosis feminine
- Large bone infarcts may become secondarily infected with various bacteria, including salmonellae, resulting in osteomyelitis.
- It is possible for cold spots to harbor harmful bacteria such as salmonella, which is a particular concern for baby bottles.
- Bacilli and salmonellae were also found to be sensitive to dicyclomine.
- Results of infection by common bacteria such as salmonella, campylobacter and listeria can include vomiting, stomach cramps, diarrhoea, or even death.
- Droppings carry potentially dangerous bacteria like listeria and salmonella that can cause a range of illnesses including meningitis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.