In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1marisma feminineterreno salobreño masculine
- Shrimp farm development can damage other coastal habitats, including salt marshes and freshwater wetlands, according to the foundation report.
- The estuaries and salt marshes of the Solway Firth, in southwest Scotland, are feeding and roosting grounds for many thousands of wintering wildfowl.
- Each day, large numbers of snails feasting on dead marsh grass in coastal salt marshes flee the incoming tide and their main predator, the blue crab, by climbing up live marsh grass.
- The Rann, a vast expanse of tidal mud flats and salt marshes, take up much of Kachch.
- The Louisiana salt marsh is tidally flooded, and salinity ranges from 0 to 28 ppt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.