In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Some universities offer a four-year sandwich course where the third year is spent gaining a teaching qualification.
- Fareham-born Mr Ekins joined Hampshire County Council as a civil engineering trainee in 1962 and did a sandwich course.
- Another route would be to go for a sandwich course when choosing your degree.
- Back in the early 90s when I was a student in Liverpool, it was required that I do an industrial placement during the third year of my sandwich course.
- He began his career in cancer research when he spent 12 months on a sandwich course at the Institute of Cancer Research in London.
- Hence, we should develop sandwich courses: studies in regular schools alternating (say, weekly) with apprenticeships in the workplace.
- You'll likely do either a three-year degree leading to a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science or a four-year sandwich course which includes a year in industry or a year abroad.
- The four-year sandwich course has been developed with specialised police forces in the area.
- My university degree was a sandwich course - meaning that the third year out of the four year course is spent on an industrial placement.
- Many schools in India have tried approaches, including sandwich courses, and a one-year full time model.
- As the FCO website illustrates, candidates of all racial backgrounds can apply for a one year economic placement, on the condition that they follow a sandwich course.
- Similarly they will be able to take up work placements which are part of a sandwich course or to undertake internship placements without the need to obtain permission from Work Permits.
- We would be denying universities the freedom to incentivise industrial, vocational, scientific, technical, engineering and sandwich courses, or foundation degrees, which are vital for the economic future of this country.
curso durante el cual se alterna el aprendizaje con el trabajo práctico
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.