In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(hygiene)condiciones de salubridad feminine
- Food habit, clean drinking water and proper sanitation hold the key to preserving the health of the people.
- Most epidemics are caused by lack of proper sanitation and safe drinking water.
- Apart from ensuring health, hygiene and sanitation, the army is focussing on the psychological rehabilitation of the survivors.
- Many communities still suffer from lack of clean drinking water and sanitation.
- A total of 2.4 billion people currently lack adequate sanitation facilities.
- In the absence of adequate medical services, congestion and poor sanitation may cause health hazards.
- Moreover to maintain the men's health and strength, sanitation and cleanliness were made matters of regulation.
- Different groups had varying standards of health and sanitation.
- The Infection Control department reviewed interim plans to ensure cleaning and sanitation standards could be maintained.
- The United Nations estimates that 1.1 billion people have no access to fresh water and 2.4 billion lack access to adequate sanitation.
- At this point, the lack of clean drinking water and sanitation is the main threat.
- Clean water, sanitation and health education are seen as the greatest needs.
- Access to clean drinking water and sanitation alone would save nearly two million lives each year and prevent half a billion diseases annually.
- Close living conditions, poor sanitation, and lack of medical facilities has led to an increase of communicable diseases.
- They are generally living in older areas of modern cities, which are well known for poor sanitation, lack of health facilities and basic amenities.
- Health and sanitation is a reliable indicator of the level of progress a particular society makes in various sectors.
- The disease is common in developing countries lacking adequate sewage and sanitation facilities.
- Access to clean drinking water and adequate sanitation, especially in the rural countryside, is limited.
- It was not just the developing countries with their large populations and lack of adequate sanitation that wanted a solution to the problem of malaria.
- With little access to clean drinking water and sanitation, the inhabitants face a constant threat of disease.
2(waste disposal system)servicios sanitarios masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.