In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He said: ‘It was disconcerting when people started wandering around with masks on and everything was being cleaned and sanitised.’
- This system ensures that the filling valve and both the exterior and interior surfaces of the valve assembly are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- In addition to that, we do want to make sure that the ship is as sanitized and as clean as possible for the next sailing.
- Darla followed me everywhere with an open bottle of rubbing alcohol and sanitized everything I went near.
- Tools should be clean and sanitized as well as sharp.
- Wiping cloths must be sanitized in sanitizing solution (1 tsp bleach / 2 litres of water) when not in use.
- Tanning beds need to be sanitized with a special disinfectant after each use - and most aren't.
- All nestboxes also need an easy way to be cleaned and sanitized after each feathered family has taken flight, most especially before another family takes up residency.
- Equipment used to prepare compost tea must be sanitized before use with an approved sanitizing agent.
- To help prevent outbreaks, investigators suggested that cages be sanitized with bleach and water after each shipment.
- Dispose of animal feces and sanitize anything they have touched.
- When the filler bowl is properly cleaned and sanitized, a sterile product contact is achieved.
- He believes that the most likely explanation is the increasingly sanitized living conditions in developed countries.
- Many efficient models conserve the energy used to heat water with a special booster inside the machine, which heats just a small volume of water to sanitize your dishes.
- The door or lid of the washing machine should be cleaned and sanitized to reduce the possibility of recontamination of attire upon removal from the washer.
- Cloth diapers, whether from a service or your own, should also be sanitized in the same way, as should toys and any items babies gum or chew on.
- They should then be sanitized by boiling in clean water or immersing them for 15 minutes in a solution of 1/4 cup of chlorine bleach per gallon of water.
- The yard was like a landfill, and it looked as though the doorknob hadn't been sanitized in years.
- This tendency to explore and walk on cage floors means it is extremely important that the floor bars be kept cleaned and sanitized.
- Stainless steel tanks can be easily cleaned and sanitized; hard floors are designed to drain dry; and all equipment is sited and mounted so that it can be cleaned thoroughly around, above, and below the unit.
2derogatory(make inoffensive)hacer potablea sanitized version — una versión aséptica
- Barney is full of safe, sanitised, clean, moral messages wrapped up in environmentally friendly songs and stories.
- It's edited, composed on the page, cleaned up and sanitized.
- I agree that violence and explicit scenes should be sanitized but not at the expense of atmosphere or the story.
- A large number of these declassified documents are sanitized, with source of information and names of informants removed for protection purposes.
- To surrender to political correctness is simply to sanitize controversy so that no one's sensibilities are offended.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.