In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Playing a Type A-plus-plus lawyer who's finally learning to acknowledge her sapphic side, she is brilliantly funny and adorably vulnerable.
- Another strategy is adopted in Versary's closing sequence of ‘Sapphics’, a title punning between lesbian contents and sapphic fragments.
- He also notes that the sapphic story line here won't be his last - his upcoming summer novel from Bantam, A Fistful of Rain, features a lesbian lead character.
- It's an appropriate venue for the show's vaudeville-burlesque revivalism with a sapphic flavour.
- She also played the sapphic Dr. Kitty in the play Last Summer at Bluefish Cove.
- As far as womanscaping, she says, ‘there is a cadre of lesbians who like hairier women, the she-bears of the sapphic world.’
- But the mayor of one of the Greek island's cities took a British tour group to court in September to block 100 sapphic sojourners from indulging in a stay at a local resort.
- It may share Shakespeare's penchant for combining vulgar humour with intellectual high-mindedness, but this drama of sapphic intrigue in late 19 th-century New England is somewhat over-written.
- Gradually, as lascivious sapphic tendencies become apparent, the gulf in sexual mores between the youthful maid and her venerable employers becomes more pronounced.
- It took five more years, a label change to Atlantic, and the teasingly sapphic hit ‘I Kissed a Girl’ before the Denver-raised New York resident began to set the record straight.
- Japanese macaques are a kind of Scottish monkey now living in Japan where they've developed strong sapphic preferences.
- But given the magazine's strict lesbian content regs, we might not see another sapphic spotlight for 30 more years.
- The following conversation occurred after the recent spattering of sapphic portrayals in the diva world.
- Those who have followed her career since her sapphic turn in The Hunger will most likely be surprised to see her singing and dancing in 8 Women, since she usually plays very serious roles.
- The sapphic circuit: why is the gay male circuit a bit past its prime while women's events are just heating up?
- Indeed, these adolescent, spinster, perhaps sapphic women wrote journals, lyrics, fantastic tales, and stories mediated by the spirits who guided their pens.
- Surprisingly, given the straight male interest in lesbian couplings, sapphic commercials are still rare.
- The book casts a flirtatious eye towards sapphic chic and the aesthetic imperative to get dolled up.
- Bonus points to Ben for having his sister sing it, making it sapphic.
- As many as 1,200 sapphic travelers sign up for one of Olivia's offerings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.