1(silly) bobo informal(sentimental) ñoño informal
- Through the ages, most bands have added strings to sweeten their sappy songs, but Gordon does the opposite by pumping rock to turbo-charge his strings.
- But even with these problems, the film is cute and fun without being overly sentimental or sappy.
- In every corny soap opera or sappy movie, the main characters find themselves shacked up in some seedy motel.
- Of course, he refuses to end things with a clichéd and sappy Hollywood ending.
- The script, though comical in areas, was much too sentimental and downright sappy for me to voluntarily accept.
- And let's not forget the sappy sequences of false sentiments and saccharine solace.
- What was the deal with the bridge and the cars and the old sappy songs?
- I've always felt some cliche and sappy emotional attachment to music in general.
- Really, though, there's nothing different about this sappy collection of songs from the last.
- Aside from some needlessly sappy sentimentality and a cute quirkiness to characters that sometimes seems a little too pat, the film is well written.
- Despite its grab-life-by-the-horns platitudes and sappy ending, this feel-good debut is a lively read.
- Even minutes later, I cannot believe I posted this unbelievably predictable, sappy question.
- Romantic comedy is a genre mainly comprised of sappy, syrupy fare with few risks and fewer surprises.
- When it was released, many people felt it was sappy and sentimental.
- Remove the hooks and the energy, and substitute it all with a clichéd, sappy break-up theme, and the results are nothing short of embarrassing.
- At times there are lush pop songs replete with sappy vocals.
- I found it to be predictable and sappy and, worse, too long.
- If you have only the so-called happiness you'll grow to be like all these sappy happy people: mushy and artificial.
- She realized that all of those sappy love songs filled with clichés were true.
- Their affinity for Beach Boys-like sentiment is apparent in sappy lyrics and songs titles like My First Kiss.