In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In Là-bas he played with satanism and black magic.
- Early last year, hundreds of residents flocked to the local clinic to confirm the presence of satanism at the medical institution.
- It has wrecked the lives of many teenagers through suicide, drug abuse, immorality, perversion, satanism, etc.
- As well as the bottled blood, police and residents found samples of human hair - which prompted fears among the local residents of satanism.
- Television and the Internet, for example - both products of science - become means of expanding audiences for beliefs such as astrology and satanism.
- People still mistake barbaric satanism for Wicca.
- The authorities argued that the black-shirt wearing, baseball-capped rockers were peddling satanism and debasing the morality of youth.
- Unfortunately, the group's dalliance with satanism proved to be their undoing, the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
- A motive for the killing has not been established but a slogan sprayed on a fridge in the kitchen has led police to speculate that satanism may have been involved.
- The Templars, who had become successful bankers, were destroyed by the greed of the French King Philip IV who arrested them in 1307 and charged them with heresy, obscenity, and satanism.
- Then at age thirteen I got involved in satanism and calling up demons.
- Police had also established that he had denounced satanism and was in the process of converting to Christianity.
- Reporting on satanism beat skepticism, hands down.
- None of the people already arrested indicated satanism as a motive, and it would be irresponsible to assume that there is definitely a link, based on one unsubstantiated report.
- As they point out, satanism as a phenomenon has appeared and disappeared on the social scene throughout history, almost in a cyclical fashion.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.