In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1caja de ahorros feminine
- It is also a savings bank and even sells insurance policies.
- After a dozen years with an elite Manhattan law firm, the prodigy recast himself as a banker in time to save New York's largest savings banks from ruin.
- In decentralized polities such as nineteenth-century Germany, the political power of farmers and small business led the state to sponsor non-profit financial institutions such as savings banks and cooperative institutions.
- As an industry, commercial and savings banks saw deposits increase about 8% last year.
- To keep the farmers going, they strengthened the network of rural savings banks and co-operatives.
- The savings bank questioned over 2,000 parents about their saving habits via an online survey last month.
- By 1998, the nation's 10,481 commercial banks and 1,687 savings banks held deposits of more that $5 trillion.
- The savings bank collapsed after the owners and regulators couldn't come to terms on a recapitalization plan.
- If you have a lump sum to invest, you could open more than one account with your savings bank.
- In 1881 the population was around 260, and the town had two commercial banks, a savings bank and a flour mill.
- By 1881 Gladstone had a population of 729 people, two commercial banks, a savings bank, a flour mill and a well stocked library in their Institute.
- Catholics established their own savings banks and cooperatives, for instance, and confessional unions were established in many factories to keep Catholic workers from falling into the hands of socialist organizers and trade unions.
- The state sold bonds to wealthy investors, and to savings banks, which bought them with the deposits of ordinary working people.
- For 130 years, the postal system has served as a local savings bank for anyone with a cent to spare.
- This leads him to examine the financial status of the savings bank or the insurance company or the soundness of the bonds he buys.
- Depositors flocked to the guaranteed state savings banks after the crash.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.