In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(young onion)cebolleta femininecebollino masculinecebolla de verdeo feminine River Platecebollín masculine Chile
- The combo - a sauté of white onions, mushrooms, scallions, red chili peppers and aromatic basil - is tasty, but the subtle pork flavor gets lost in the sauce.
- Of the names shown in the box, the ones which constantly cause confusion are spring onions and scallions.
- Cucumbers go well with buttermilk, dill, mint, salmon, tarragon, scallions, onions, tomatoes, sour cream and yogurt.
- It is often highly seasoned, including combinations of garlic, ginger, red or black pepper, scallions, soy sauce, sesame seeds, and sesame oil.
- Unlike their larger bulb cousins, green onions, scallions and leeks should be refrigerated.
- A member of the same family as onions, leeks and scallions, garlic appears to reduce the risk of many types of cancer, including prostate cancer.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining mango with the rice, kidney beans, bell pepper, scallions and peas.
- Add the garlic, haricot verts, fava beans, tomato, fennel, scallions, and basil.
- Add the tomatoes, cilantro, basil, onion, scallions, and vinegar and sauté until the onions are just tender.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the roasted red peppers, garlic, ginger, jalapeno, scallion, soy sauce, vinegar, and honey or sugar.
- Ladle the soup into a bowl and top with the avocado, red onion, tomato, scallions, lime, and two slices of French bread.
- Combine red bean paste, sugar, sesame oil, chili pepper powder, gingerroot, scallions, sesame seeds and soy sauce in a saucepan and simmer for five minutes.
- Then add the green onions and stir the scallions and chilies for thirty more seconds.
- Not surprisingly, the most rapturously received bowlful on the menu is a deliriously seductive ragout of onions, leeks, scallions, garlic, cherry peppers, and olive oil.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat and add scallions, onion, garlic and half the chili pepper.
- Divide veal, scallions, Brussels sprouts, sake, bone marrow and bouillon into four bowls.
- Islands of tender beef brisket float among rice vermicelli in a delicate lemongrass broth flavored with scallion, cilantro and onion.
- From the main courses, Cunningham chose tender pan-fried octopus with sliced raw onions, scallions, and a robust dose of chili.
- They sowed potatoes, carrots, beetroot, lettuce, scallions, onion sets, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and celery.
- Add the onion, shallot, scallions, fennel, ginger, and garlic and gently sauté until tender, making sure not to brown.
2(shallot)chalote masculinechalota feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.