In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(shellfish)vieira feminineostión masculine Southern Conecallo de hacha masculine Mexico
- Always buy fresh live scallops with closed shells and make sure you use them within a day or so.
- Or perhaps we appreciate how incredibly easy it is to do ourselves: simply wedge in a sharp knife against the flat edge and take it straight across, so that you scrape the scallop off the shell.
- However, crab, scallops, clams and mussels in various east coast hamlets are also being explored.
- I also caught some terakihi, another good eating fish and that evening Hayden made a chowder with fish, crayfish, scallops and mussels.
- After you have shelled and trimmed scallops, give them a good wash in sparkling water for a few seconds.
- The types of seafood they eat include mussels, scallops, clams, crabs, lobsters, abalone, and sea urchins.
- There are the usual oysters, crab, shrimp, scallops, mussels, fish and just about any other edible sea creature you can think of are all there, plus some prime cuts of beef and a few chicken dishes.
- For the scallops: remove from shell, clean and cut in half lengthways.
- Once in a while I grabbed scallops, sea urchins, and lobster.
- Remove the scallops from their shells and discard the ‘skirts’, leaving only the white meat and orange roe.
- We take his word that we are eating shark, conch, shrimp, scallops and mussels and are relieved we can't afford more.
- Remove the scallops from their shells by gently scraping and prising them away with a blunt knife, leaving on the roe (alternatively, ask your fishmonger to do this for you).
- If you are unsure about how to cut open a scallop or sea urchin, fillet a brill or clean an octopus, just ask your local fishmonger to do it for you.
- Calicide acts by preventing the formation of chitin, a key component in the sea louse's exoskeleton, but also important in the life-cycles of mussels and snails, scallops, worms, crabs and lobsters.
- To clean the scallops, prise the shells open with a knife, scraping and loosening from the flat shell.
- The chemical, marketed under the name Calicide, acts by preventing the formation of chitin, a key component of the sea-louse's exoskeleton, but also important in the life cycles of scallops, mussels and lobsters.
- From there, it is into the clams, cockles, mussels and scallops.
- There was Marco in grimy apron plating up, or opening scallops, looking every inch the piratical hero, with his long black hair and sunken eyes and high cheek bones, surrendered long ago to his new-found affluence.
- But this time they're sweet tiny Taylor Bay whole scallops, reminiscent of clams, with prettier shells.
- Bivalves like oysters, mussels and scallops are particularly prone to contamination because of the way they feed.
- Marks eliminated some of the dated look just by removing the wooden window scallop and replacing the knobs with metal handles.
- Texture also was featured in crepe knits embellished with dimensional scallops and two-tone jacquards with sheer blisters on an opaque ground.
- A white drawing on black paper depicts from various angles a school of the menacing fairy-tale creatures, variously ornamented with stripes, scallops and spikes.
- The first was a lovely little 41/4 inch bronze chariot plane with dovetailed steel sole extended at the front and file decorated with scallops and cusps.
- It turned out to be a bit of a chicken night for me as the curry was chicken too, but it was a very tasty plateful and the chips were cut like big scallops and were nice and crispy around the edges.
- Finally, chairs with a scallop crest and sharply projecting ends, may have been a style peculiar to the Newbury region.
- For very wide windows… you may have 6 or more scallops.
- Leafcutter ants cut neat scallop shapes out of leaves, which they carry home to their underground colonies.
- Stitch four scallops and gather the ribbon very tightly, creating four distinct petals.
- Retrace the scallops as many times as necessary to ring the room.
- European axes at the most might have wide scallops filed on the edge of the blade plate on the inside or bottom of the beard, and that is not common.
- Place the scallop pattern along the foldline and transfer the scallops to the fabric.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.