In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
nounPlural scapulae, Plural scapulas
1omoplato masculineomóplato masculineescápula feminine
- Only the coracoclavicular ligaments, coracoacromial ligament, the clavicle, and the scapula were preserved.
- The fourth step is to emphasize the retractor muscles of the scapula and to correct any forward-head posture.
- The humerus articulates with the scapula (shoulder blade) at the shoulder, and with the radius and the ulna at the elbow.
- The large trapezius muscle extends from the base of the skull to the last thoracic vertebrae, and from the spinal column to the scapulae.
- A plate of bone extending from the medial margin of the scapula to the vertebral column has been reported (Ingersoll).
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.