In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But it is not just sex that is fixated on waste and scatology; the characters within the film are painted with a misanthropic glee.
- But Sharon caught me off guard when she started to talk with some approval about scatology, a fetish whose adherents use feces to enhance sexual activity.
- With their propensity for schoolboy humour and scatology, they deal with the subject by uproarious laughter.
- The subtle interweaving of scatology and death is positively Freudian.
- Tf you don't mind a little scatology along with your predictable love story, you could do worse than this amiable diversion, which will provide an above-average quota of giggles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.