In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Unlike the vast majority of semiauto scatterguns, the Benelli is not a gas gun.
- For decades, short double-barrel scatterguns have been a premier home-defense recommendation by such authorities as Jeff Cooper.
- Many citizens have used a scattergun to protect their families and property in the wake of disasters, riots and other upheavals.
- This is the first large-scale procurement of anything other than slide-action scatterguns since the U.S. military was pulled out of Vietnam more than 25 years ago.
- The new Bounty Hunter external hammer shotgun, imported by European American Arms, is a first-class traditional scattergun.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.