In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Television Cinemaguión masculine
- This at least saves me trying to comprehend how anybody could write such abysmal dialogue, characters, and plot scenarios.
- In the hands of a lesser writer, such a scenario might have smacked drearily of one of those worthy social docu-dramas.
- He had written a ballet scenario, and Peter Anastos was creating the choreography.
- We engaged Joan as director, and my other sister wrote the scenario.
- It sounds like the opening line to a Jean-Pierre Melville scenario and the film has a similar starkness to it.
- From the beginning, Edwards explored new territory in British cinema, particularly in films based on his own original scenarios.
- The dilemma this raises can only be solved by a science-fiction scenario as daring as Shelley's in her novel.
- The film shows different scenarios of bullying and how the victim turns to their mentor for support.
- The acting in the films seems totally free and uninhibited, yet the scenarios are often quite strict.
- Imagine being able to create scenarios instead of linear plot threads, world environments instead of single scenes.
- He entered the film industry taking small-part roles and writing scenarios for the London Film Company.
- I wonder if there are any viable scenarios left for a cross-dressing film?
- While there is no off-the-shelf method for writing scenarios, we later provide some rules of thumb or guidelines for this activity.
- I have also written scenarios and turned a camera - but my own ambition has always been to produce.
- In 1998, Antonio Simon shot one of Luis Bunuel's old scenarios, La Novia de Medianoche.
- Maintaining a connection to the artificiality of cinema, Lewis hires actors and creates scenarios for all his films.
- Elvidge also dismisses the nightmare scenarios of films such as The Terminator in which machines come to dominate their masters.
- It is in fact easy to imagine an adult film scenario based on Celanire's adventures.
- What did you start filming with if you didn't have a finished scenario?
- The scenario is hardly novel, but, in the early stages at least, the telling satisfies.
2(of future)perspectiva femininepanorama masculineescenario masculineshe outlined the best-/worst-case scenario — esbozó el mejor/peor de los panoramas
- This scenario postulates the emergence of an expansionist power with global reach.
- Analysts say three possible scenarios now exist for B.C. Reform.
- The goal of the meeting was to try to predict the worst-case scenarios, and to make plans to deal with each.
- There are also other possible contingent scenarios that may limit scalar switchability.
- Whatever those undesirable outcomes, there will exist logical scenarios triggered by initiating events.
- SAS units are currently on standby in London in case such a scenario develops.
- The three scenarios include a best-case situation, a middle-case and a doomsday scenario.
- They said a worst-case scenario could see it continue on even longer.
- In any event, this scenario is simply not possible with this democracy and civil society will not accept it.
- Rather it postulates possible future scenarios without making any assessment of the likelihood that any one scenario will occur.
- It is possible to discuss scenarios but foolish to make predictions.
- In the end, of course, it appears that the worst of all possible scenarios emerged.
- Even in the best case scenarios, foreign money would come when the Russian economy would be on her feet, but not before.
- Worst case scenarios predict that hundreds of thousands of Balinese who depend on the tourism sector could lose their livelihood.
- Discussions about new technology, drugs, health or the environment invariably focus on worst-case scenarios.
- This is far from being the case, with endless possible scenarios being played out in Washington.
- Although it is not known what went wrong in the latest case, there are a number of possible scenarios.
- Arguably, only a masterful scholar could have convinced so many people to accept such an unlikely scenario.
- This is in agreement with a style of making decisions in regard to appraisals based on the worst case scenarios.
- While these risks are hard to quantify, it is clear that the mechanisms and resources needed to respond to worst case scenarios are not in place.
- In worst case scenarios, he says that there will always be some way to get access to old data, though it may be costly.
- The next two years brought surveys predicting scary scenarios of doctor shortages.
- People with paranoid disorders are often highly intelligent and can create complex scenarios about how and why they are being persecuted.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.