In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The doctor's home, a two-bedroom ranch-style house, is located high above a scenic lagoon with a beautiful view of the ocean.
- The beautiful building, scenic surroundings, and superior staff will make you feel like royalty, living in a real palace.
- There's a really great scenic overlook near here.
- The walk will be suitable for all age groups and will be a pleasant afternoons activity taking in some lovely scenic views.
- As is commonplace in this region of the county the surroundings are the main attraction with scenic views and a quiet country lifestyle on offer.
- Both groups defended the decision to grant permission, both arguing that the view of the turbines from scenic routes would be limited.
- We did take the more scenic route, and it took about an hour each way.
- The trekking routes will cover some of the most scenic spots on the Western Ghats.
- After a full day of absorbing the scenic views of the beautiful outside creations, can you imagine coming home to bare walls at each corner?
- Those who ventured outside the convention halls to enjoy the warm weather and the view of Vancouver's scenic waterfront heard the drums.
- Enjoying Bulgaria's natural scenic beauty, she takes every opportunity to explore it and to record it in photographs.
- The scenic route gives a picturesque view of the whole of North Kerry and West Limerick as well as a close look at the Clare coastline.
- He could not have picked a better or more scenic location.
- Kauai delivers breathtaking scenic views and a world of phenomenal sights.
- Her first impressions on arrival was the scenic beauty, the lovely animals and the freshness of the air.
- This is a beautiful part of the mountains with some lovely scenic views.
- The Garden route is one of the country's most scenic drives.
- Please keep our town, and our beautiful scenic environment tidy, and litter free.
- This is the by far most beautiful and scenic of the popular routes.
- The walk will cover some of the most scenic coastal routes around Cape Town and the Cape of Good Hope.
2Cinema Theatre(shot/backdrop) panorámico
- Charming scenic effects aside, Bedford clearly decided that the standard costume was not appropriate for her.
- He was an editor, cartoonist, film maker and scenic artist with ABC television before his solo exhibition with Watters Gallery in Sydney in 1966.
- Sir William Davenant rewrote the play to suit the tastes and concerns of Restoration audiences and the scenic possibilities of Restoration playhouses in 1664.
- By such reasoning a choreographer was on a level with an opera director or a scenic designer rather than an opera composer.
- With very little means, Ulmer created some impressive scenic beauty, and even a few poetic visual effects.
- She trained in theatre design at Bristol Old Vic and worked as a designer, scenic artist and prop-maker for 15 years.
- It was first applied in the Theatre of Dionysus at Athens in the second half of the 5th century BC, when drama began to require more elaborate scenic arrangements.
- He currently teaches theatrical scenic design at the Bullis School in Potomac, Maryland.
- After moving to Calgary in 1976, she found her way into theatre first as a props builder, then as a scenic artist.
- The elimination of all but minimal stage props and scenic effects places the emphasis squarely on the actor and the word.
- Also laudable were the sets and puppets designed by veteran scenic artist Carter and several others.
- Mr Wathey, who started his career in 1942 as a scenic artist at Bradford's Alhambra theatre, set up an artist's studio with David Hockney in Bridlington.
- Though she's known for her powerful sense of drama and has often deployed startling scenic effects as well as spoken text, Rain is a spectacle made from just a few materials.
- Beyond the proscenium arch was the scenic stage, which featured three tiers of movable shutters and their corresponding tiers of masking wings.
- Students may also choose courses in stagecraft, lighting, scenic design, and costume construction.
- It is hard to tell whether the four characters or the four chairs, the principal scenic element, are more involving.
- The company has also benefited from a new scenic designer who has worked in theatre and film.
- Later still, in Rome, sketches of low life performed by several actors with masks and scenic effects became so popular that they drove both tragedy and comedy from the stage.
3(depicting scene)(photograph/painting) de un paisaje
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.