- The roof is ornamented with three cherubs, representing England, Scotland and Ireland, supporting the royal crown and holding the sceptre, sword of state and ensign of knighthood.
- Room after room of the Armoury reveals incredible riches, including the imperial crown, mace and sceptre of the Tsars.
- In her left hand she carries the sceptre of state; in her right the orb.
- As an act of humility, before a mass to which she had invited the poor, she gave the royal scepter to the most indigent and had the royal crown placed on his head.
- Each was swathed in robes of black, and all carried the sceptre that befitted their station.