In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The spiral decorations, individually and in pairs joined by a loop, and the schematic lizard on the opposite side of the bell, suggest a Cross River origin.
- The designs are quite schematic, even crude in their style of representation, and it is not always easy to decipher them.
- I walk in and am amazed to see a nice interior with a schematic diagram for the place.
- Additional details on this method and a schematic representation of the experimental protocol are available in the online supplement.
- The schematic map system is claimed to help the tourist to reach even the most remote destinations in the country and enjoy the place without the help of a local guide.
- The system can be used to display schematic diagrams of the aircraft's principal sub-systems.
- The Chinese government required that ground be broken after two months of schematic design, intensifying the need for speed and precision.
- This is a relatively schematic presentation of the three levels, and in practice they are not neatly separated.
- The schematic diagrams explaining the principles of complex pieces of equipment are impressively clear.
- On the reverse side of the box you can actually see a detailed schematic representation of the air flow inside the system case when the cooler is installed.
- I don't want to suggest that your music is schematic, but I'm wondering if this reflects a compositional practice for you, the notion of setting up a situation of imbalance and composing out the asymmetry.
- Here is the first verse - this is just a schematic presentation of exactly the information provided by the musical notation above.
- Using a schematic drawing or developing a conceptual framework is another strategy that may be used to facilitate reporting the findings.
- This does not exclude the possibility of a schematic representation which captures the commonality of the various uses.
- A second later, an image of a schematic diagram appeared.
- Figure 3 is a schematic illustration of the suggested mechanisms responsible for eliciting an immune response resulting in acquired hemophilia.
- Figure 5 presents, in schematic form, the processes involved in encoding and retrieval of a list containing words drawn from several semantic categories.
- Landscape after War presents a schematic mountain range and seascape elegantly integrated into a flat brown, green and gray field.
- Even in his later work, when a human presence enters it is either grotesque, so schematic as to be without mood, or troubled.
- If one reviews the technical specification and schematic diagrams of the basic tape drive and media technology, he'll find that tape uses the best of the magnetic storage technologies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.