- The first full-scale dance melody was given an almost schmaltzy swing.
- The characters are appealing and wholesome without being schmaltzy.
- If you listen to his earlier work a lot of it sounds schmaltzy by today's standards.
- For all the dark wordplay, the album is an aural equivalent of that old American favourite, the schmaltzy biopic.
- At the risk of sounding completely schmaltzy, it was the best, most meaningful Canada Day in my life thus far.
- The script started off as smart and sharp but the end was way too schmaltzy.
- I found most of the songs well performed, if a bit schmaltzy.
- Oh, I know her music is mostly schmaltzy nonsense but it's fun.
- Believe me, there is nothing schmaltzy about this riveting futuristic film noir thriller.
- There are some redeeming features, but thus far the show needs to ditch the schmaltzy love triangles and sensationalism and focus on character and story.
- I should add that the ending is uplifting, but totally schmaltzy.
- Few musical reunions are anything better than schmaltzy and many are far worse.
- It is the perfect blend of comedy and drama, carefully treading the fine line between sentimentality and humour so that it never becomes too schmaltzy or too dreary.
- He switched to schmaltzy ballads that reinforced a cartoon notion of Greece.
- It's a romantic melodrama that's not the least bit ironic nor schmaltzy.
- The schmaltzy plot and overcooked acting made it hard to take the film very seriously.