In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tipo de aguardiente
- Blend together a scoop of ice cream, a cup of canned or frozen fruit, and a couple shots of schnapps or other fruit-flavored alcohol.
- Meat and fish dishes have greater prominence at these times, as do schnapps and other alcoholic beverages.
- Favorite alcoholic beverages are beer, brandy, and schnapps.
- I pulled out a glass from under the counter and put some ice in it and then poured some cinnamon schnapps, Irish cream, and melon liqueur into it and mixed it for a few seconds before adding a quick splash of rum.
- While I did relish the opportunity to wear a super cute new dress, our preparatory cocktail of peach schnapps and Valium did not serve me well.
- It was a mixture of root beer schnapps, peppermint schnapps, Kahlua, tequila, port wine, egg nog, and a splash of lime juice to make it curdle.
- It is a fine-flavoured mix of red wine, passion fruit liqueur, orange liqueur, peach schnapps, and fruit juices.
- There was an empty bottle of peach schnapps and a few beer cans scattered over the floor.
- The road from high school rejects to rock 'n' roll sweethearts wasn't all peach schnapps and cream, though.
- To keep everyone going, shots of peach schnapps are offered on the ski down to the day hut, which is located halfway up the ski field.
- If it was up to you I'd have to drink schnapps and sake every night!
- Coat a Martini or pony glass with grenadine, pour gin and peppermint schnapps over ice, shake, strain and pour into glass.
- I'm in the Greek Islands, the sun is shining, the views are amazing and I think I still have some strawberry schnapps back at the hotel.
- Perhaps the title holds a clue - if you drink schnapps, the episode probably seems a lot funnier.
- Walking the Imperial Alps is definitely something to savour - mountains, meadows, fruits, cheese, beer, schnapps, wine, flowers, clanging cowbells - what more could you want from a holiday?
- The schnapps won the silver medal at this year's International Wine and Spirits Awards at Guild Hall in London.
- They were rewarded with a bottle of schnapps, which they drank as they worked.
- Combine vanilla and butterscotch schnapps over ice and strain into a Martini glass.
- There is only one potential drawback to making good-tasting cocktails using liqueurs, including schnapps.
- The feeling of solitude in the mountains was incredible as we settled down to dinner, wine and yet more schnapps.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.