In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)distrito escolar masculine
- For each enrolled homeschooler, the public school district receives state and federal public tax money.
- He also needs to put the brakes on the state's budget-busting aid to local school districts, spiraling up at two to three times the rate of inflation.
- The largest employers in this community are two major universities, the local school district, and the community hospital.
- It provides many of the services mentioned above to children with disabilities through local school districts.
- For example, a child might switch out of a core school into a neighboring school district.
- So urge your local school district to remove this pothead's ramblings from the curriculum.
- No significant differences existed between urban and rural school districts or between urban and suburban school districts.
- States and local school districts also bear a huge financial burden.
- Vending machines and company logos are positioned around the schools, and school districts often get a higher payback if the students drink more.
- Banks can abide by federal community reinvestment rules by buying small bond issues from local school districts, so they tend to gobble up the entire series.
- Finally, we examine how local schools and school districts have addressed violence and disruption in their buildings and communities.
- The trick for educators and school districts will be making teaching so rewarding that the newcomers stick around when more lucrative jobs beckon once again.
- In other words, would not there be differences in many different school districts to reflect the curriculum?
- Schools or school districts contract to use the database, which is then aligned to each state's individual requirements.
- In 16 years I have lived in 2 states, 4 houses and gone to school in 3 different school districts.
- Mainstream students are those who attend public schools within a school district.
- The federal school lunch program provides school districts with just $2 for a free lunch for the poorest children.
- She has also partnered with her local school district to bring health information to students and teachers.
- To be sure, some school districts and individual schools see standards like these as a call to action.
- They're used chiefly for the purposes of ranking schools and school districts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.