In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1educación feminineestudios masculinethey paid for his schooling — le pagaron la educación / los estudios
- he has no formal schooling — no tiene estudios propiamente dichos
- Through high school my schooling was in Catholic Schools.
- She had internalized the national development messages of schooling, and often replicated them in her own speech.
- Only those who had received some schooling and retained contact with literate family members in Ireland met these conditions; the poorest emigrants clearly did not.
- Today, most children begin school at age seven or eight and receive some schooling for at least several years.
- Traditionally, there has been a fee for primary and lower secondary schooling; thereafter, education is free.
- The teenagers continued their schooling by correspondence.
- When the market came tumbling down in October 1929 Moishe was there to see it; he later thought this an education unlike anything he had received in his formal schooling.
- The schooling received is generally very poor.
- Those with the diagnosis were more likely to be older, have a grade school education (completed schooling to age 12), and be unmarried in mid-life.
- Worst of all, many schoolchildren have to face dropping out after primary schooling because secondary education is not free.
- It is quite clear that teachers, education and schooling have received a raw deal from popular cinema, which tends toward the negative and derogatory in its representations.
- The cause of the Claimant's lack of schooling or education during the autumn of 2001 is more complex to ascertain.
- Stay strong, don't give up on your dreams, and never let your schooling interfere with your education.
- Although, on average, students would receive fewer years of formal schooling, this would not translate into less educated students, for the time spent in school would be used far more efficiently.
- He received little formal schooling, but he was bright, energetic, and literate.
- I learnt that he had come to the United States as a Jewish refugee from Germany, at the age of 14, to have his schooling and university education in New England.
- This will lead to more private schooling and fewer state schools.
- Learning is respected, and education past secondary schooling is highly valued, in part as a route to high-paying occupations.
- It is not a coincidence that these populations are the ones with the least amount of formal schooling or secondary education.
- Educational neglect occurs when a child is allowed to engage in chronic truancy, or is of mandatory school age but not receiving schooling.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.