In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in general)ciencia femininea man of science — un científico
2(academic subject)ciencia femininethe sciences — las ciencias
- understanding the manual is a science in itself — entender el manual es toda una ciencia
- But understanding the science of complexity is a far more useful metaphor than the traditional appeal to Newtonian physics.
- I may defend my professional status by claiming ownership of an advanced body of knowledge or science.
- We promote the science of psychology, and we rely on the foundation it provides for the practice of psychology.
- Most importantly, the lists tend to omit the natural vitamin complexes and food-form minerals that are so important for our health, as demonstrated by a large body of published science.
- We must educate our fellow educators and fellow scientists about the science of psychology.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.