In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ciencia ficción feminine
- Surprisingly for a writer who has claimed not to be a fan of the genre, he chose science fiction.
- It's not as if trips into ‘near space’ like this are the stuff of science fiction.
- Now we get into the romance part for a while and forget science fiction for now.
- While I shy away from science fiction entirely, fantasy shall always be in my heart.
- He has composed for a variety of genres but science fiction, horror and fantasy stories dominate his filmography.
- It engages in a fantastical speculation about what the future might hold, as any good science fiction does.
- It reminded me just how inaccurate science fiction and futurism inevitably are.
- More than any other literary form, science fiction always courts obsolescence.
- Much more popular are genres such as crime and adventure, romance, horror, and science fiction.
- It begins with a premise that is well worn and recognizable within the genre of science fiction.
- Other themes that arise out of basic science fiction are the elaborate medical thrillers.
- Especially when a science fiction director decides to find science fiction in reality, something's wrong.
- Certainly you can find that kind of metaphor in a Western, or in a romance, or in science fiction.
- However, in science fiction it has frequently referred to the viewing apparatus itself.
- As Dwight got older his love for science fiction took a backseat to his love for space exploration.
- This very modern thriller has all the elements of science fiction combined with a racy thriller.
- The motif of alien beings peopling our planet is a very common one in science fiction.
- It turns out that the line between science and science fiction is even more blurry that we thought.
- Fantastic machinery has continued to fire the imagination, notably in science fiction.
- Call me stuck in a genre, but most of what I read is science fiction and fantasy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.