In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They include plain radiographs, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasonography, and bone scintigraphy.
- Nuclear medicine scintigraphy can image the entire axial and appendicular skeleton to detect distant sites of osseous metastases.
- The diagnostic relevance of other techniques (ultrasonography, evacuation scintigraphy, pelvic floor magnetic resonance imaging, etc) is under evaluation.
- The availability of diagnostic modalities such as scintigraphy and MRI has also been beneficial.
- A recent study has suggested that iliac crest bone marrow biopsy is less sensitive and more invasive than either bone scintigraphy or MRI.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.