In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The lymph node biopsy showed sclerosis surrounding cellular nodules that contained clusters of large atypical cells admixed with small lymphocytes and numerous eosinophils.
- It exhibited squamous differentiation, sclerosis, and eosinophilia.
- A doctor may suspect aortic valve sclerosis on hearing a heart murmur with a stethoscope.
- In MS, myelin is lost in multiple areas, leaving scar tissue called sclerosis.
- A close-up reveals the alternating areas of sclerosis and retained hepatic parenchyma in this nutmeg liver.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.