In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The organisers of the table quiz would like to thank all the pupils that participated, their teachers and parents, the quiz master and scorekeepers and the Bee Park Community Centre, as well as its staff.
- There was no official scorekeeper, but as usual, certain items were identified with certainty, some were the subject of learned speculation, and some brought laughter.
- For example, if hemophilia prevents your child from participating in a contact sport, he or she can still be a part of the team as the scorekeeper or assistant manager.
- I was the scorekeeper because I hate that stupid game.
- In the game one could hear the scorekeeper seated in the hot sun announcing, ‘18 all… 19-18… 19 all.’
- Will, if they ever have a draft for scorekeepers, you'll go in the first round.
- The scorekeeper is designated prior to each game according to house rules.
- Would she still come to my soccer games and would she still play mini one-on-one soccer games in the backyard with Karmen as scorekeeper just like we used to?
- Parker believes that, generally speaking, even by the 1920s, ‘The scorekeeper did not regard making decisions as part of his function’.
- In this case if you believe the scorekeepers, the recession ended at the end of 2001.
- Select one player to be the scorekeeper, who creates a scoresheet by drawing a long column for each player and gives each player a starting score of $6.
- For you older players, they are also looking for umpires, scorekeepers and coaches to lend a hand.
- Before automatic scoring became almost universal, good scorekeepers were always needed for leagues and tournaments.
- When the game is over, thank the scorekeepers and congratulate the winners, then get off the floor.
- If a recent illness or asthma flare-up keeps your child from participating actively, your child can still stay involved by serving as scorekeeper or equipment handler until he or she is cleared to return to full participation.
- They are timekeepers, scorekeepers, and amplifiers.
- Volunteers from scientific and engineering disciplines are needed to serve as moderators, judges, timekeepers and scorekeepers.
- She also thanked the secretary, treasurer, scorekeeper, tournament director and committee members and said she had enjoyed her year in office.
- Like pitchers of today, it seems as if so very few scorekeepers finish what they start.
- And scorekeepers - like bestseller lists and cash register displays - are the barometer they use to determine whether a new idea is safe yet.
persona encargada del marcador
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.