- The nursery grows mainly white spruce, black spruce, Norway spruce, jack pine, red pine, eastern white pine, Scots pine and smaller amounts of various other species.
- These magnificent trees once coved the uplands of Lebanon, just as Scots pines once covered the Scottish Highlands.
- We emerged from the woods at Caydale Mill, an idyllic spot with the beck, springs, handsome Scots pines, and a ford.
- For example, in the province of Norrbotten there were twenty times as many old Scots pines and Norway spruces as there are today.
- Trees, especially Scots pines, were frequently used to mark boundaries at a range of socio-political levels (estates, parishes and even national borders), and to mark paths and trails.