In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Television Sport Cinema Theatrecaza de talentos femininebúsqueda de talentos feminine
- Sann spent the past two seasons in the position of director, basketball administration working in the areas of scouting and player personnel.
- For many, the way you run the A's boils down to statistical analysis vs. traditional scouting.
- The Longhorns have so much NFL talent, the league should set up a scouting field office in Austin.
- The franchise mode has been expanded with a scouting report and a minor league system that will let hands on managers cultivate talent.
- It's obvious when you talk about prospects how much you value your first-hand account, or the scouting reports you hear of a player.
- Baseball's coaching, scouting and executive ranks are filled with sore-kneed former catchers.
- ‘The only number I can tell you is that we spend less than anybody on player development and scouting,’ he says.
- So all the scouting reports read ‘He doesn't have what it takes to make it to the NHL.’
- Evaluating scouts - evaluating the entire process of scouting - is long overdue.
- Last season he still kept involved in the game, compiling scouting reports for clubs and also going to watch games just to keep his ‘finger-in’, so to speak.
- He will handle a variety of duties on the basketball side, including scouting and player evaluation.
- ‘He's a dynamite player,’ says a spokesperson of the independent scouting service.
- Whether it was great scouting or just good luck, the addition of middle linebacker Levon Kirkland should have a trickle-down effect on many areas of the defense.
- Part of the scouting process is the exercise of looking at a college prospect and seeing an established NFL player.
- He was responsible for draft preparation and scouting, salary cap planning and roster management.
- Some will complain it puts their scouting of college talent and preparation for free agency at a disadvantage against teams with coaches in place, but I don't buy that.
- He is in front of his locker, placing written scouting reports and color-coded charts on Orioles hitters into neat stacks on the floor.
- In 1963, when Ron Wolf first started in this personnel business, NFL scouting was dominated by part-timers.
- It also should include enough rounds to neutralize the advantage of high-revenue teams that spend heavily on international scouting.
- Parties interview candidates, but no amount of scouting insures that they can play to expectations.
2Scouting(movement)escutismo masculinemovimiento de los scouts masculine
- ‘It could even be people who were involved in the scouting movement when they were young,’ he said.
- Public and private schools, scouting groups, and religious youth educators are sources of valuable information.
- Moves within the scouting movement mean that future scouts and guides are more likely to stay in hotel style billets than traditional tents.
- One of the fastest growing areas of scouting, last year the program experienced a 17% growth in youth enrollment.
- A Bowness woman has been recognised for her outstanding work within the scouting movement over many years.
- The Brownies were an off-shoot of the scouting movement Army General Robert Baden-Powell founded in 1909.
- He was an Eagle Scout then and taught me the lore of scouting with both patience and understanding.
- The Boy Scout volunteer knew something was wrong when he saw that 20 youngsters on the list for a scouting program all had the same last name: Doe.
- The scouting movement's city chapter chairman said his organization would continue to campaign for the separation of garbage.
- It would appear that the scouting movement held little to no appeal to the PM and many members of the government.
- The group also regularly sends delegates to the annual worldwide scouting jamboree.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.