In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(tool)rasqueta feminineespátula feminine
- If you haven't already cut it up, it makes a great scraper to remove frost from your car windscreen on freezing mornings!
- Since the site was extremely wet, lime was trucked in to help solidify the ground, enabling the fleet of scrapers to remove the required amount of dirt.
- Use a paint scraper initially to remove the majority of the finish.
- Cells were removed with a cell scraper for further analysis.
- Apply the solution to the brick; allow it to soften paint; and remove with scraper and stiff bristle brush.
2(for shoes)limpiabarros masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.