In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cinema proyección feminineTelevision emisión feminine
- On Sunday, the National Galley of Canada in Ottawa is also hosting a special screening of the film.
- The image is crystal clear, and the disc includes the original score by Gottfried Huppertz that was used in the film's premiere screenings.
- Sign up for a regular e-mail update on the latest screenings and other film offers and competitions.
- For the more discerning film viewer, there are Film Society screenings every week on the big screen at the Paramount.
- More than 3,500 video screenings of the programmes are also planned for villages with limited access to TV and radio.
- The highlight of the wedding will be a special screening of a film on the environment and an exhibition on nature.
- Plenary sessions and workshops were also held in conjunction with the screenings of films and videos, and there was plenty to celebrate.
- Andrew will be giving a talk about the expedition before a special screening of an IMAX film about Everest tomorrow evening.
- An opening night premiere party will follow the screening, and all films will show at the Oak Street Cinema.
- All these artists will be showcased tomorrow night at the Diorama's Black Box Theatre, alongside a number of film and video screenings.
- A prominent feature of the festivities were public television screenings as cameras filmed a Royal event for the first time.
- It also seeks to prohibit the screening of films, television programs and advertisements without a license.
- Every once in a while, Roger would invite me to join him for a screening of a new film.
- Would she like to come along with him to a special screening of a film loosely based on one of Calvino's stories?
- It was made an affair to remember, with the screening of a film on murders, double murders, spies, invisible spies, counter spies and international espionage.
- I would arrange for a screening of the film for all concerned parents and administrators to ensure that there are no surprises when it is used in class.
- You know you're at the screening of a Canadian film when the executive producer is actually present to greet you as you arrive, and sincerely wishes that he brought everyone a cup of coffee.
- The regulations were further eased in the late 1990s to allow pop concerts and the screening of Japanese films.
- There are 60 booths outside the museum and the public is welcome to attend the speeches, forums, performances and documentary film screenings taking place inside the museum.
- Also for the first time, HBO is running a contest, ‘Home to Rome’, for viewers in connection with the screening of the film.
2(of patients) revisión (médica) feminine(esp para detección precoz) (of patients) chequeo masculine(of candidates) investigación de antecedentes feminine
3(on window, door)tejido metálico masculinemalla metálica feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.