In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I wrote an original screenplay for a film which has the working title Personal Honour.
- When I was first becoming a screenwriter I was a journalist and I wrote my screenplays at night and on weekends.
- Each night, the citizens of Los Angeles commit atrocities on each other which rival the most violent screenplays from the film studios a few miles away.
- If screenplays are not literature they still use language, and are about visions.
- Sofia Coppola earned an award for the screenplay for her film Lost in Translation.
- He became much more than the sum total of his own films and screenplays.
- It was through Laurent that I started writing screenplays for short films.
- He's currently working on screenplays for film and television.
- It's a combination one might expect from the man responsible for the screenplays to the films Shadowlands and Gladiator.
- You work without a screenplay and the whole film rests on a long process of preparation.
- Since going online two weeks ago in the US, 800 screenplays and 450 short films have been posted.
- He wrote the screenplays for the Canadian filmmaker Guy Maddin's early films, quite remarkable films.
- After the failure of his novels, he wrote screenplays in Hollywood for a few years.
- Almost as bad as the direction is the embarrassment of a screenplay that tells us everything and shows us nothing.
- During his time as a script reader he had the opportunity to read over 2000 screenplays in the space of two years.
- Mamet has written the screenplays for many commercial films on a for-hire basis.
- Like most Neil Simon screenplays, this is a film that is made or broken on the strength of the actors' performances.
- She spends hours writing screenplays and acting out scenes with her army of cuddly animals toys.
- This is a Shakespeare adaptation, not an original film with an adapted screenplay.
- Any element of fright that may have been in the screenplay is long gone in the final cut of the film.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.