In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- That doesn't explain older screenwriters who choose to write about the trials and tribulations of the young.
- He thinks that he was able to write this film because he's at a different time in his life than most screenwriters.
- The screenwriters stay close to the central relationship, without losing touch with the freedom of thought amongst the Mexican intelligentsia.
- It does this without ever becoming overly dramatic or sentimental - a trait that many of Hollywood's screenwriters would do well to note.
- Ask people to name a contemporary screenwriter and even some of the most ardent film buffs might be left scratching their heads.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.