In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Second, and more significantly, several scholars have remarked that the inscription appears similar to scripts of the later 1300s.
- The fusion of the two ends of the production spectrum - formal and informal - gave rise to one of the most popular book scripts of late Antiquity, half-uncial.
- Each scroll was labeled along its edge in the flowing script used in most writing.
- At the same time another form of writing, cursive script, was also being developed.
- Totally imperforate, the wall is clad in grey granite into which are incised examples of all the world's written communications from runes to barcodes, renaissance scripts to Braille.
- Underneath it were the words " Animal Martyr " emblazoned in a flowing, Gothic script.
- Visitors willing to take the time to decipher the assorted scripts (and on my visits to the show, many did) were afforded a hundred or so intimate glimpses into the lives of strangers.
- Many of the texts came in the form of original handwritten or typed scripts, which often included artists' notations, sketches, and greetings.
1.2(style of writing)caligrafía feminine
1.3(alphabet)escritura femininealfabeto masculine
- The quality of the Arabic script is quite poor, obviously copied by a Chinese artisan.
- Urdu uses an Arabic script, but Persian vocabulary and Hindi grammatical structure.
- By the mid-4th century Coptic script was widely used, and both Coptic and Greek scripts were in use simultaneously.
- Externally, the granite curves of the building's toroidal form are carved with all the scripts of the world.
- Which languages, other than Russian, Ukrainian and Byelorussian are written in Cyrillic script?
- For example, among the 26 nationalities in Yunnan, there are 11 nationalities that formerly used 24 writing scripts.
- Thank you so much. but just to make it clear, this is still in English, just in tengwar script.
2.1(text)masculine guiónmasculine textotelevision/film script — guión (de televisión/cine)
- script by Harold Pinter — guión de Harold Pinter
- In 1987 Paul moved into television full-time, working as both a writer and script editor.
- Script writers are chafing, television executives tell you privately that they are helpless.
- His words depressed me to the point where I decided not to pursue script writing, even though I love writing scripts.
- The best thing about this good play is the poignant and witty script.
- The script writer and director ruined the ending of the movie for me.
- In the original script he was a cop all the way through.
- So it might actually be a subtle, witty script directed in an imaginative way.
- For his part, the chief script writer is understandably opposed to these criticisms.
- The director himself has penned the script of the film.
- Rare images of the original shooting script with Truffaut's hand-written annotations.
- Here is a rare combination: a clever sitcom script that also contains a wildly inventive, amazingly humorous musical.
- So I recorded myself reading the original script's narration and put it into the film.
- His repertoire includes movies, too, for which he's written successful scripts, and novels, one of which won the Booker Prize.
- Imagine watching movies, talking movies and writing movie scripts for examinations in college!
- Nicola loves the ending, Matt the script editor doesn't.
- And how many people know how to read film scripts properly?
- Raw video footage was edited and narration was provided from carefully prepared scripts.
2.2British school Universityexamen masculine
- Part of a lecturer's job will be the assessment of students and, as such, the marking of examination scripts would, without doubt, be seen as reasonably incidental to the job.
- Each of the unitary awarding bodies addressed the need to modernise the system for marking exam scripts by developing an electronic marking process
- There will not be an opportunity for students to access their exam scripts until after the deadline has passed.
(program, instructions)script masculinesecuencia de comandos feminine
- Instead, we can edit the system start-up script.
- Learn to read shell scripts and follow their workings.
- So I decided to write my own Perl script to do the job.
- One way to do this is to remotely run a simple, undocumented CGI script installed on the drive.
- Nor will I defend script kiddies, who generally have no programming skills whatsoever.
- If all else fails, at least I can now test PHP scripts locally!
1(film/play) escribir el guión de(speech) redactar
3scripted past p(discussion/talk) preparado de antemano
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.