1monte (bajo) masculinematorral masculine
- They live in grasslands, deserts, desert scrublands, wetland and woodland edges, shrubby habitat, arctic and alpine tundra, agricultural fields, urban and suburban areas.
- The key habitats hosting threatened species (which, therefore need the maximum protection) are wetlands, followed by forests, grassland and scrubland.
- It's truly a wonder - a massive crater in the middle of scrublands, with a tiny forest in the center.
- Then, more mountains appeared in the distance: mauve and blue, rising out of scrublands.
- Dotted with scrubland and lone trees dangling on plateaus, hillside roads curled around the ascending stretch of hills.
- I love to glide my skis along the easy and moderate paths, crossing snowcovered meadows and scrublands.
- ‘Empty as a monk's promise,’ he screamed to the scrublands.
- Forested areas have had the priority for conservation, but scrublands and the plains flora have been little prized.
- Open grasslands and open halophyte grasslands predominate in both study areas, interspersed with Chihuahuan desert scrublands.
- Wood mice (A. sylvaticus) are small rodents common in mixed forest and scrublands at our study area, where virtually no other terrestrial rodent species is present.