1(in rugby)melé (ordenada) femininescrum masculine
- Since they had no replacement front row forward the scrums were uncontested for the remainder of the game.
- Ilkley's powerful front five had worn down the Heath pack and were pushing the Heath scrum backwards.
- The game was played under veteran's rules, which limit kicking and pushing in scrums in order to ‘even’ the playing field.
- The scrums are going forward, opposition scrums are going back under sheer power and sublime technique.
- With good restart possession from scrum and line-out they threw everything at a dogged CYM.
- 87 mins: Australia lose possession at the scrum with a Smith knock forward.
- City responded immediately when Crooks forced the ball home through a scrum of players from a corner.
- It's great for a front-row forward to look up from a scrum and see the ball trickling into touch 40 metres down the pitch.
- Bees leant Keighley a front row player and uncontested scrums were the order of the day.
- For the first time in ages, the opposition scrum was actually going backwards and the psychological boost that gives you is immense.
2British(melee)avalancha femininemarabunta feminine informal humorous
- At Galashiels station there was a huge crowd and a media scrum as I shook hands with the driver and the provost and boarded the train.
- The home crowd were enthralled by Latapy, but the scrum of scouts there to watch Darryl Duffy left with one breathtaking moment to relay to their employers.
- As one of the major rugby pubs in the area it was quite a scrum during the recent Six Nations and Heineken Cup matches with Harlequins and Kingston Rugby Club teams popping in for the odd pint.
- Fifteen minutes later the gig descended into a scrum with Ryder and Bez brawling on the floor.
- A huge scrum developed around the vehicles as desperate people tried to get places.
- So no info on media scrums o/s office, I'm afraid.
- I guess that was so they didn't disturb the scrum of journalists crowded round a wide-screen telly watching the football.
- Taxi wardens will patrol Manchester city centre to stop revellers brawling in the scrum for a Christmas cab.