1(on liquid)capa de suciedad femininea scum of green slime on the pond — una capa de verdín en el estanque
- remove the scum from the stock — espumar el caldo
- The Sea is heaven's own blue like a diamond more lovely in a king's diadem than in the mines of the Indes but as it gushes up through the broken ice-like salt, it is black, full of asphalte scum - and in the hand slimy, and smarting as a sting.
- There, waste components naturally separate, with heavier solids settling to the bottom forming sludge, and lighter solids floating to the top forming scum.
- A problem may occur when the solids content rises in a lagoon, resulting in the accumulation of solids or scum above the surface.
- They may not break down readily and will contribute to the scum or sludge layers.
2.1informal (people)escoria femininethe scum of the earth — la escoria de la sociedad
- I have no doubt that this was the intent of the film-makers: that we ultimately find Ben shallow, and the crew who becomes enthralled with such scum is pitiful.
- Or is someone close to Harvey helping him rid the world of streetwalking scum?
- Sin City is the very depth and form of pulp, a contrasty, blooming monochrome nightmare of the very worst of human scum.
- And if so, who did it: the poor, drug-dealing scum from the nearby projects, or his own rich friends?
- The two cops visit snitches and the usual ghetto scum, and predictably Oak and Tellis's different methods bump heads.
- On the other hand, the general consensus seems to be that journalists are nothing but pond life scum.
- And then he replied, ‘You're nothing but Eastern scum and a capitalist rip-off son-of-a-bitch.'
- This quest takes him to underground clubs, and into contact with all kinds of scum.
- Travis has purged himself by killing this street scum, but his fate is unsettled and his ‘heroism’ is still in question.
- Danielle ‘Danny’ Sofer is conflicted, trying to maintain her femininity while beating down street scum on a daily basis.
- Oz understands that the best dynamic is one based on the universal human need to be in control of oneself and feel a sense of honesty, even amongst the most heinous of society's scum.
- Knowing that the body count was going to be considerably lower this time round I grabbed a ticket and prepared to watch Zebraman lay waste to criminal scum.
- This time, a lonely little girl's imaginary friend turns real and decides that adults are scum.
- Now he has to finish his father's work and put the kibosh on this gooey alien scum once and for all!
2.2informal (individual)you scum! — ¡canalla!
- he's just scum — es una basura