- The scuttlebutt I hear is that Enron was long to the same extent that other energy suppliers and wholesale traders were long.
- Walker took off to see if he could find out the latest scuttlebutt, leaving Emmert alone.
- This is fodder for schoolyard scuttlebutt, a ‘guaranteed to be repeated until you're sick of it’ situation that will definitely work your last nerve.
- Asked to rubbish this scurrilous piece of scuttlebutt BT has sheepishly acknowledged that it is true.
- The scuttlebutt of late is that product labels containing statements such as ‘No Hormones’ or ‘Hormone Free’ are misleading American consumers.
- If Hymath could learn of our whereabouts in Mainport, probably just from local scuttlebutt and word of mouth, then anyone else could also find us.
- I heard rumors that you had returned, Capitan Hinds, but I thought it was mere scuttlebutt.
- Certain scuttlebutt avows that the girls actually do not participate in the makings of many of these records.
- I was getting scuttlebutt that nobody really cared about anymore.
- There's some scuttlebutt that she took out the whole camp.
- I hear scuttlebutt that you got an eyes-only message from High Command over the hyperwave.
- Yet the 61-year-old Diller insists there was never anything to the scuttlebutt.
- There's been some scuttlebutt that the Enterprise is going to be involved in something pretty big, but that's all it is.
- Like most X-Box scuttlebutt, the various elements of the leaked spec. are tantalisingly plausible - bloody obvious, if you think about it, possibly too obvious - but too vague to draw any real conclusions.
- To test the accuracy of such scuttlebutt, you must next ring the flack representing the subject-company, with a wildly-exaggerated version of the dirt you got from his competitor.
- One night in Pescara, we got the scuttlebutt from a pharmacist.
- Walk more, eat less and include dairy products to help burn fat is the scuttlebutt of late.