In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lubina femininecorvina feminine Southern Cone
- Alaskan halibut, Alaskan salmon, sardines, white sea bass, and many farm-raised species, including tilapia, are better choices, according to the lists.
- Angela, along with twelve other PSC fishing members, landed approximately eighty nice, mostly small mouth, white sea bass.
- Again, did you know that the Pla samli, or kingfish is also known as the black-banded trevally, or the Pla kapong khao or sea perch is also known as the white sea bass?
- Kelp beds off the coast disappeared, white sea bass numbers dwindled and Dover sole suffered from fin rot.
- Dine on seafood specialties, including the superb ceviche de corvina - raw white sea bass marinated in lime juice - in the open-air cocina.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.