In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sal marina femininesal de mar feminine
- Mix the olive oil, crushed chillies and thyme leaves with sea salt and black pepper.
- After all this talk of salt, Jane produces a packet of Maldon sea salt to sprinkle over them.
- Drain well and toss with a little extra butter, sea salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Mix the chilli powder with a teaspoon of sea salt, then sprinkle this mix on each side of the racks.
- Season salmon skin with grains of paradise, red sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.