In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1serpiente marina feminine
- A sea snake can live its whole life without ever touching land.
- The male sea snake has a double set of reproductive organs, covered in spines.
- A seafood that is peculiar to Okinawa is the sea snake caught in the neighbouring subtropical waters.
- It's amazing how fast you can fin when a yellow-belly sea snake is chasing your tail!
- The waves at one particular place are creations of the sea snake.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.