In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Most of the interior surfaces are left unfinished, eliminating the need for toxic sealants and paints.
- Water putty, epoxies, construction glue and silicone sealants can cause irreversible damage to objects, he warned.
- I'll pull the assembly apart (hopefully I can just cut that sealant stuff off) and fill the hole with more sealant.
- Nail or screw a 2X2 piece of wood flush with the bottom of the ledger, and lay a bead of sealant at the joint to prevent water infiltration.
- Caulking, sealant, and weather stripping will do the trick and are available at most hardware stores.
- The material doesn't need sealants to stand up against weather and maintains traction when wet.
- This will allow the tree to heal quickly without the use of sealants.
- Second, no edging was delivered and no sealant put in.
- To achieve a properly aged look for the new floor Canny had it installed without any sealant or protection.
- All it requires is an initial sealing with a non-toxic stone sealant which can be reapplied after a couple of years if required.
- With a colour-matched quick drying cement, and a protective transparent sealant, the tiles have a vivid surface texture which gives any floor a distinctive quality.
- Lastly, it sucks moisture out of the air during the curing process - so I figure any air trapped inside the assembly will be dry by the time the sealant has set.
- The machine then rolls a video that explains what your car is in for: wash, wax, undercarriage wash, sealant, and a spot-free rinse and dry.
- What about the effectiveness of paint and sealants in containing that chemical exposure risk?
- The sealant made it airtight without pinching his nasal passage.
- I'll be looking into some of that spray sealant stuff for next time, that's for sure…
- All paints, sealants, and adhesives were chosen for low contents of volatile organic compounds, which contribute to indoor air pollution.
- If sealants around those openings are no longer pliable, re-seal and caulk them.
- When applying the softer sealants to lightweight or sheer fabric edges, the fabric will still roll into a rolled hem, sealing the threads inside the serging.
- Paints, sealants, and adhesives have stepped into the ecologically aware 21st century too.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.