In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sesión de espiritismo feminine
- Most Spiritualists were outspoken abolitionists and often engaged in fiery polemics against slavery at lectures and seances.
- We set up a little seance and tried calling up some dead personalities and ask questions while a machine was recording everything.
- Noel Coward's comedy features the medium Madame Arcati who holds a seance with hilarious repercussions.
- Although, like most other mediums, she was regularly searched before seances, many believe she swallowed and later regurgitated the material.
- Red Sox outfielder Mike Greenwell used to collect bats from slumping players, pile them on the clubhouse floor, and perform seances to awaken the dead wood.
- Here's the part where you all think that I'm a freak who speaks with the dead and has séances each weekend.
- We should conduct a seance and attempt to contact the spirit of Eddie Daniels.
- It was like a seance for 700 people, but a casual seance.
- A devotee of the Ouija board and seances, King enlisted the aid of his dead grandfather while he was composing the inscriptions.
- Or when all else fails, you could always come back home with us, and you don't even have to hold a seance to talk with the dead there!
- Upstairs in the cafe, at midnight, all gather to begin the seance.
- I milled about with the prospective sitters, and then we were all ushered into the seance room in the medium's bungalow.
- She was pictured taking part in a seance hoping to contact former deputy editor Peter Martin, who died last year.
- The two exist on the proceeds of Myra's efforts as a medium who holds séances in one of the rooms of their home.
- A parade of entities was reportedly observed by the medium at the 1978 seance, and she deduced that there were 17 ghosts occupying the inn.
- One person who was caught cheating was Florence Cook, a medium whose work in séances had been vouched for by Crookes.
- Prodi said he had received the information about Moro's whereabouts from a séance, probably in an attempt to protect his source.
- During his lifetime, his visits to mediums, holdings of seances, and hosts of other supernatural predilections remained guarded secrets.
- One way or another, the young man had a typical séance and several Ouija sessions as a result of the hinted paranormal activity.
- Each of those shows was quiet enough to be a seance, a failed attempt to make contact with a dead celebrity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.