In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1abono (de temporada) masculinebefore noun season ticket holders — Theatre las personas en posesión de un abono
- Now that I am a season ticket holder, I feel like this is my team more than I ever did.
- Existing season ticket holders will tell you that Burnley have the best manager in the Championship.
- All season ticket holders managed to get tickets, but many faced lengthy waits.
- Season ticket holders are being urged to bring their entire season ticket books with them to ensure entry to the ground.
- He first became a season ticket holder of the club in the 1970s, although he was born in Ilford, Essex.
- Booking is available for the three events and a season ticket is available.
- His hobbies included shooting, fishing and watching Burnley FC as a season ticket holder.
- If this isn't resolved I won't be renewing my season ticket, despite being a supporter for 30 years.
- I had been a season ticket holder at Watford since age 10 and the game has always continued to grow on me.
- I remember their visits to Carlisle in the 70s when I was a season ticket holder.
- Geoff enjoys his rugby league but he also likes his football and is a season ticket holder at Leeds United.
- He had a season ticket for Hull City, for whom his mother works.
- She was a lifelong Bolton Wanderers supporter and as a season ticket holder was a regular spectator at all their home games.
- He was a big football fan and a season ticket holder at Manchester United.
- Junior season ticket books cost £25 for home and away games plus cup competitions.
- Mr Kaye, 34, who lives in Leeds, is a season ticket holder and has been a supporter since he was seven.
- Businesses and individual supporters are asked to support the club by purchasing a season ticket.
- The typical payment which raises a question of time apportionment is the purchase of a season ticket.
- I'd also like to say how pleased I am for my ex-boyfriend, who's a season ticket holder at Stamford Bridge.
- A swipe card was issued to all season ticket holders who had a valid paper ticket on March 31.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.