In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1trastorno afectivo estacional masculineTAE masculine
- Episodes of psychosis recurring each autumn sounds like an extreme version of seasonal affective disorder.
- For people with a type of depression called seasonal affective disorder, this need for light takes on greater significance.
- For many, the lack of sunlight contributes to seasonal affective disorder, depression that grips most strongly in the dead of winter.
- But, seasonal affective disorder goes well beyond those symptoms.
- Many Americans suffer from the form of depression known as seasonal affective disorder, with a strong peak in the fall and winter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.